Follow us on Instagram for more fun food ideas for kids!
Whip up magical gnome cupcakes in minutes using ready-made ingredients and simple toppings. A delightful and dessert perfect for any whimsical event!
Gnomes are trending and show no signs of going away. It’s no wonder, who can resist a gnome’s adorable woodland cheer? Here’s a whimsical and super easy way to make them come to live in sweet form: introducing Gnome cupcakes! These magical treats are not only delightful to look at, but are a blast for kids to make too! The best part? They’re a cinch to make especially if you opt for ready-made cupcakes or a simple cake mix. They will look great at any gnome, woodland party or even served up as a holiday treat!
How to Make Gnome Cupcakes
All you’ll need are cupcakes, ice cream cones frosting, a star piping tip and decorative candies to make these easy gnome cupcakes. Simply frost your cupcakes (the more decorative the frosting the cuter!). Add a cone on top and then pipe a white beard with your star tip. Decorate by adding a colored candy for the gnome’s nose and you’re done!
Gnome Cupcakes Ingredients:
– Ready-made cupcakes or your favorite cake mix (baked into cupcakes)
– Colored frosting
– Sugar Ice cream cones
– White frosting in a piping bag, fitted with a star tip
– Colorful round candies (like Skittles or M&M’s) for the gnome nose
- Prepare the Cupcakes:
- If you’re using a cake mix, prepare the cupcakes according to the package instructions. Allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- If you’re using ready-made cupcakes, make sure they are unfrosted, as we’ll be adding our own gnome magic!
- Color the Frosting:
- If you need to color your frosting, separate it into bowls and add your chosen food colors. Mix well until you achieve the desired shade. I recommend gel food coloring to create bright colors without diluting the frosting.
- Construct the Gnome Hat:
- Generously frost the top of each cupcake with your colored frosting.
- Place an ice cream cone upside down on top, gently pressing it down so it adheres to the frosting. This forms the gnome’s iconic pointy hat.
- Add the Beard:
- Using the white frosting in a piping bag with a star tip, pipe from left to right and add more texture and fluff by going again one more time with a bit less frosting the second time around. The trick is to press, then pull away quickly to create little peaks, giving the beard a textured look.
- Gnome Nose:
- Place a colorful candy in the center of the beard to create a cute gnome nose. Enjoy your magical gnome treats!
Gnome cupcakes are a magical treat for the young and young at heart! Kids and adults will delight in their nostalgic flair and they are sure to be a hit at any woodland, gnome or holiday-themed party!